Welcome



I am not a child anymore. But what I
can do is to journey you through my childhood experiences and how I thought about it then. So, while I open my diaries and start writing and reminiscing about all my entries, you just sit back, read, learn, and enjoy. :)

"Define children, and you are defining innocence." ---Me


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recognizing my Mom

I have a picture standing here in my Grandmother's house about me when I was a baby. I was lying stomach down on the bed, staring at the camera with big eyes. The story behind that is simple, and has been told to me over and over again. My grandmother says it was the first time I rolled over. So when, she saw this, she grabbed her camera and CLICK! documented my first roll-over photo. It's one of my childhood memories that I don't remember, but know about anyway.



Another story told to me about my grandfather is how smart he thought I was when I was younger. He said that when we were visiting in Singapore when I was still a baby, there was a time when my mother and grandmother went shopping and left me with my grandfather. A few minutes later, I started crying and he tried to comfort me. He rocked me, danced me, sang to me, played with me, and everything else. But I wouldn't stop crying. Then, my mom came home and I immediately stopped and stared at her. Needless to say, my grandfather was surprised and impressed. I wonder just what I was thinking about then and how I was thinking. When I did a little bit of research in the internet, I came up with this;

Determining when babies begin to recognize people and places has been a subject of much research over the years. Most of the research shows that babies begin to recognize their mothers face early in life, but recognition of other things takes significantly longer. Also, it depends on the person and place as to when the baby will recognize it. Parents are recognized within the first week of life and doctors believe the baby recognizes mom within the first days. However, grandparents, aunts, cousins, friends, and others will be recognized during the babys first year of life. Sometimes babies recognize these individuals within weeks if they spend a significant amount of time with the baby. For other babies who dont see these individuals on a regular basis it takes longer. 
~ for the link to the article, click HERE


Wow, my curiosity to how babies think just heightened a lot.

Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
~ Proverbs 17:6 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment