Welcome



I am not a child anymore. But what I
can do is to journey you through my childhood experiences and how I thought about it then. So, while I open my diaries and start writing and reminiscing about all my entries, you just sit back, read, learn, and enjoy. :)

"Define children, and you are defining innocence." ---Me


Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Eyes of the Lizard

My mom used to tell this story to us when we were children. It was about her eldest brother when they were still children, when her youngest brother was still in my grandmother's womb.

A beautiful day, and three children were out playing under the sun. Evans, their mother, was mixing warm milk for the young ones, and putting it aside to be drank later. A few minutes passed by and finally, it was time for the young ones to come inside.

"I just mixed two glasses of milk. Do you mind sharing yours with Meekai, Kook?" Evans asked Kookoy, the eldest son, as she gestured towards her youngest daughter, Meekai. But Kookoy was very thirsty and didn't want to share...

"Fine then, Karen, share with your sister." Evans sighed to my mom. Kookoy smirked and drowned the glass, tasting the sweet delicious milk as it sled down his throat.  But wait...what's this? As he drank the milk, two pairs of eyes stared at him from inside the cup. The eyes of a lizard.



"Gah!" Kookoy spluttered, coughing. He ran to the sink to get the taste off his tongue, disgusted. But it was over, he had already swallowed some of the milk. That lizard must've went to the milk while it was still warming and must've died because of the hotness of the milk. If Kookoy had just shared with Meekai...if they had separated it into two separate glasses,  they would have seen the dead lizard. But no, he decided to be selfish, and he got his prize.

How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the world’s goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help?
~ 1 John 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! That's funny! I can see that you are faring along so well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete